Creamy Spring Greens Soup
This Spring Greens Soup is uber creamy thanks to the roasted yellow potatoes and the Silk® Unsweetened almondmilk! Full of gorgeous green veggies, its color is as satisfying as its taste.
I don’t know about you, but I am totally craving alllllllllllll the greens!
Maybe because it’s officially #GreenWeek over on my @eattherainbow_kids account?
Or maybe just because it’s like the 7,839th day of winter…
One of my favorite places to buy fresh vegetables is Sprouts Farmers Market. They always have such a great selection, and I also love their house brand items like their organic Spring Greens, their tahini, and their spices (like the sesame seeds) that I used in this soup. Annnnnnnnd Sprouts is having a huge plant-based sale this month — with select items up to 35% off, like the Silk almondmilk.
See just how EASY it is to make:
I love the addition of fresh celery leaves for additional color and texture on top — as well as the sauteed greens, peas, and sliced scallions. The toppings take this soup to next-level awesome!
This cozy soup is perfect for a chilly Spring evening (“Spring” in Colorado means even MORE snow — like the 12+ inches we got this week!) or even in the lunchbox.
In these lunchboxes:
- Creamy Spring Greens Soup (recipe below)
- Silk Vanilla Almondmilk
- Sprouts Farmers’ Market brand blue corn tortilla chips
- Organic Blueberries
- Sunbutter + Celery Sticks
Tell me… do you include hot foods in your school lunchboxes?
Be sure to download the Sprouts Farmers Market app to get 35% off most Silk products 3/27 through 4/3. Look in-store for details! And be sure to tag @noshandnourish when you make this cozy soup!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions, recipe, beautiful food photography and text are all mine. Thank you for supporting brands that support Nosh and Nourish!! I choose them based on what I already cook/create with and feel 100% confident in recommending to you.
- 2 small yellow potatoes
- 2 ribs of celery
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups Sprouts' 50/50 Blend Spring Greens
- 1 1/4 cup Peas (frozen, but thawed)
- 1/2 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened almondmilk
- 2 tablespoons Sprouts' unsalted tahini
- 1 tablespoon Sprouts' Grade A Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup Veggie Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sprouts' sesame seeds
- Celery leaves (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop 2 yellow potatoes and 2 ribs celery into approximately 1 inch pieces.
- Lay the chopped pieces onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Brush on 1 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until potatoes are softened and celery is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, warm up ½ Tbsp sesame oil and ½ Tbsp garlic.
- Then stir in 3 cups Sprouts greens. Stir frequently for about 4 minutes.
- Add peas to the wilted greens and stir for another minute or two. Reserve 2 Tbsp to garnish the soup in a small bowl. Add the rest to a high speed blender.
- In the high speed blender, also add 1 cup almondmilk, 2 Tbsp tahini, 1 Tbsp maple syrup, ½ Tbsp rice vinegar, juice from ½ a lemon, 1 cup veggie broth, ½ tsp sea salt, and all of the roasted potatoes and celery.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Serve hot, immediately. Garnish with the reserved peas + greens, extra celery leaves, and sesame seeds.